Invocation and Pledge Role Cheat Sheet
The Invocation and Pledge section is the first portion of every meeting. See the following bullet points to fulfill this role correctly.
- As the person giving the Pledge, it is your job to open the meeting. Be sure to be prompt!
- If you choose to give an invocation of a religious or spiritual manner, this goes before the Pledge. Keep this brief and general.
- Now lead everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- If you choose to share an inspirational or motivational thought, this belongs after the Pledge.
- Introduce the Toastmaster of the meeting, and you are done.